- Student Section Home
- Bylaws & Constitution
- Current Chapters
- How to Form a Chapter
- Student Brochure (pdf)
- Chapter Meeting Ideas
- Chapter Fundraising Ideas
- STAR Awards
- Textbook Discounts
- Frequently Asked Questions
- SFB Career Center
How to Form a Chapter
First, find three friends who are student members of the Society For Biomaterials and one faculty member who is an active member of the Society.
Then, write up a constitution which agrees with the National Student Section's objectives. A fill in the blank version is available below.
Next, elect or appoint officers according to your constitution and bylaws.
Finally, send a list of your officers, members, and faculty advisor along with a copy of your constitution and bylaws to the Society For Biomaterials Headquarters office email@example.com for approval by the Student Section Officers. Following approval, the chapter will be recognized as active.
National Student Chapter Objectives and Goals
- to encourage the development, dissemination, integration, and utilization of knowledge in biomaterials
- to promote student research and education in biomaterials and related disciplines
- to promote the advancement of biomaterials research and education and its related aspects
- to futher the aims and objectives of the Society For Biomaterials as they relate to student research and education
- to identify students interest in biomaterials
- to generate student and faculty interest and interaction in biomaterials
- to aid the efficiency of students seeking research opportunities